Winter Storm Warning, Blizzard Warning
10:10 PM CST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 9 am CST
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CST
* timing... snow will continue Monday night and Tuesday and then
diminish around 6 PM Tuesday. Blizzard conditions will develop
on Tuesday morning and will continue through the day.
* Precipitation rates... the heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 6 PM this evening and 6 am Tuesday.
* Snow accumulations... 8 to 12 inches.
* Winds... winds will increase Tuesday morning and remain gusty
through the day. Northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50
* Visibilities... below a half mile in snow tonight... below a
quarter mile in snow and blowing snow on Tuesday.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible. The latest Road conditions for the
state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.