... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon Sunday to 5 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from noon Sunday
to 5 PM MST Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Townsend... Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman... Bozeman
Pass... Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 4 inches of snow in the valleys... 5 to
10 inches at pass level... and 6 to 12 inches in the mountains.
* Timing... snow will develop during the day on Sunday... first in
the mountains... then reaching the valleys by Sunday evening. The
snow will then taper off on Monday. A period of moderate to
heavy snow is possible... especially Sunday in the mountains and
Sunday evening in the valleys.
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snow will create hazardous driving
conditions at times... especially over mountain passes. In
addition... blowing and drifting snow is possible at pass
level... especially on Sunday... creating significant reductions
in visibility. Significant travel impacts will remain possible
through the Monday morning commute. The snow will be
followed by sub zero temperatures Monday night.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.