Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
10:11 PM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 am PST
Saturday above 5000 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
Saturday above 4000 feet...
* snow accumulations... 11 to 15 inches above 5000 feet and 7 to
11 inches above 4000 feet. Locally higher amounts are possible
near Crater Lake National Park.
* Winds... west winds 15 to 30 mph.
* Elevation... warning includes elevations above 5000 feet and
advisory includes elevations above 4000 feet. Snow levels will
lower to below 4000 feet by late Saturday morning.
* Snowfall rates... up to around 1 inch per hour through 5 am.
Snowfall rates will diminish Saturday morning.
* Locations include... the Cascades from Lake of The Woods north.
This includes Crater Lake National Park and Diamond Lake
affecting highways 62... 138... 140 and 230.
* Impacts... snow packed roads will cause dangerous driving
conditions. Snow and gusty winds will caused reduced
visibility and local whiteout conditions.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel... keep tire chains... a flashlight...
blankets... food... water... medications... and a fully
charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.