... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
Wednesday evening for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry
thunderstorms for fire weather zones 454... 455... 457... 469 and
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry thunderstorms...
which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday
* Affected area... fire weather zone 454 central Lander and
Eureka counties... fire weather zone 455 White Pine County...
fire weather zone 457 northern Nye County/Lander and Eureka
counties south of Highway 50... fire weather zone 469
southwestern and central Elko County and fire weather zone 470
eastern Elko County.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 7 percent.
* Thunderstorm coverage... isolated thunderstorms moving from the
southwest up to 30 mph. Small rain cores will not prevent new
* Outflow winds... 35 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity, along
with dry lightning and strong outflow winds, will create
critical fire weather conditions. In addition, extremely dry
fuels are in place.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.