The Flood Warning continues for
the White River at Clarendon.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 am Sunday the stage was 27.8 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will remain near 27.7 feet through Monday
with a very slow fall continuing.
* Impact... at 26.0 feet... river flows in many side channels and creates
islands between the river and sloughs and creeks. Flooding of cropland
and Timber is occurring. Portions of the National wildlife Refuge downstream
of Clarendon flooding.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Lower White River
Clarendon 26 27.8 sun 08 am 27.7 27.6 27.6 27.5 27.5
Lat... Lon 3435 9119 3449 9132 3466 9139 3472 9129
3455 9120 3442 9108
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Monroe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:02 AM CST Feb. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 2:12 PM CST Feb. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 6 am to 6 PM CST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a lake
Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 6 am to 6 PM CST Monday.
* Event... low pressure will bring a strong pressure gradient to
the area Monday morning resulting in strong northwest winds.
* Areas affected... this will affect much of Arkansas.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur between 6 am and 6 PM
* Winds... strong northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph will gust to 35
mph or more.
* Impacts... boaters need to use extra caution.
Additionally... winds this strong can make driving difficult at
times... especially for high profile vehicles.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.