...Wind Advisory in effect until 1 PM PST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Wind Advisory generally above 6000 feet in the Sierra...which is in effect until 1 PM PST this afternoon.
* Winds: southwest 20 to 40 mph with gusts up to 70 mph.
* Timing: strongest winds northward of Interstate 80 beginning around 400 am...then expanding southward later in the morning.
* Locations include: mainly ridge areas to include areas west of Chester and Quincy as well as the Bucks Lake area.
* Impacts: potential downed limbs and/or trees. Difficult driving with winds due to wet roads.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 40 mph and/or gusts to 58 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento