...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 am PDT Saturday above 5500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter Weather Advisory above 5500 feet for heavy snow and/or blowing snow... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 am PDT Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 10 inches above 5500 feet and up to 4 inches down to 4500 feet.
* Timing: snow begins above 7000 feet tonight before impacting areas down to 4500 feet Friday night.
* Locations include: Lassen National Park...Donner Pass...Echo Summit...Carson Pass.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts 35 to 50 mph.
* Impacts: greatest impacts may be periods of late season heavy snowfall accumulating on roads at pass level Friday afternoon into overnight. Blowing snow near Sierra crest may also limit visibilities.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards.
A Winter Weather Advisory for heavy snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open areas.
Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento