...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 2 PM PDT Saturday above 6000 feet...
* impacts: moderate travel problems likely. Motorists may experience very long delays. Chain restrictions are probable especially for trucks. Reduced visibility during heavier snow and gusty wind will make driving hazardous.
* Confidence: high confidence that snow will occur above 6000 ft. Medium confidence in amounts and timing.
* Timing: the bulk of snow is expected between 5 PM today to 11 am Saturday... but lighter snow accumulations will occur before and after this time frame.
* Locations include: Donner Pass...Echo Summit...Carson Pass.
* Snow accumulations: 4 to 8 inches. Locally higher closer to the crest.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento/hazards.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are expected. Moderate to strong winds are also possible across ridgetops. This will make travel hazardous.
Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento www.Twitter.Com/nwssacramento