Southeastern Kern County Desert
Statement as of 5:20 PM PST on March 06, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Friday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Friday for the
Kern County mountains and deserts.
* Winds: west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph through and
just below the mountain passes.
* Timing: winds will increase today. The strongest winds are
expected this evening.
* Locations include: State Route 14... State Route 58 through and
just below Tehachapi Pass and through Mojave... Highway 178
below Walker Pass and U.S. 395.
* Impacts: strong cross winds may make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles such as campers and
tractor trailers. Areas of blowing dust or sand are
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Wind Advisory means that gusts of 45 mph or more are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Nearby Radar Stations