Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:13 PM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 8 am Saturday to
1 PM EST Sunday...
* locations... greater capital region including the helderbergs...
Schoharie valley... northern and eastern Catskills... most of
the Mid Hudson valley... northern and central Taconics...
southern Vermont and the Berkshires.
* Hazard types... moderate to heavy snow.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches of snow in 24 hours... with
up to 14 inches possible over the eastern Catskills and the
southern Green Mountains.
* Maximum snowfall rates... up to one inch per hour Saturday
night into Sunday morning.
* Timing... as a complex storm approaches... light snow will
overspread the region Saturday morning into the afternoon...
and become steadier and heavier Saturday night into early
Sunday morning. Snow will taper off towards midday on Sunday.
* Impacts... dangerous travel conditions due snow covered roads
and poor visibility.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibilities... less than half a mile at times... especially
Saturday night into Sunday morning.
* Temperatures... in the single numbers and teens... rising to
between 15 and 25 Sunday.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Nearby Radar Stations