Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:37 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM EDT this
* light rain will change over to snow toward midnight. The snow
will continue into the Wednesday morning commute before
tapering off Wednesday morning.
* Blowing and drifting snow will become possible toward
daybreak with north winds of 15 to 25 mph and some higher
* Storm total snowfall will likely range from 2 to locally 6
inches. Highest totals will be near a line from Kalamazoo to
near Mason... tapering off to around 2 inches along a Holland to
* the morning commute will be impacted this morning... especially
along Interstate 96... Interstate 196... and Interstate 94 from
Kalamazoo to the west.
* Temperatures have fallen below freezing and will continue to
fall through the day allowing for icy conditions.
* Reduced visibilities with falling snow and some blowing and
drifting snow could add to the hazardous travel conditions.
* the Michigan Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it
slow in ice and snow.
* Weather preparedness information is available on line at
www.Ready.Gov/winter and http://go.USA.Gov/5og.
Nearby Radar Stations