... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am CST
A Winter Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain remains
in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
* Short term trends... temperatures have fallen below freezing
across all but south central Missouri this morning... and should
be below freezing there by 9 am. Rain will gradually change over
to freezing rain... then sleet and snow by mid morning with all
snow during the afternoon.
* Timing and areas affected... areas along and southeast of a line
from Kimberling City... to Marshfield to Salem from this morning until
early Thursday morning.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... a half inch or more of sleet...
along with 4 to 6 inches of snow will be possible. The heavier
sleet accumulations will occur in the southern portions of the
* Ice accumulations... a few hundredths to around twelve hundredths
of an inch of freezing rain will be possible.
* Winds and visibility... gusty north winds... combined with
moderate to at times heavy snow... will likely result in
visibility below one mile for much of the day on Wednesday.
* Impacts... a combination of sleet... snow... and freezing rain
will likely result in considerable travel impacts across the
area starting late tonight... and continuing through the day on
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Consider taking a winter storm kit along with you. This kit should
include such items as tire chains... booster cables... a
flashlight... shovel... blankets... extra clothing and anything else
that would help you survive in case you become stranded.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Douglas Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 7:42 AM CST on March 04, 2015