... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 9 PM this evening to noon
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for freezing rain... sleet... and snow which is in effect
from 9 PM this evening to noon CST Thursday. The Winter Storm
Watch is no longer in effect.
* Snow/sleet/ice accumulations... ice accumulations of up to a
quarter of an inch... sleet accumulations of up to a half of an
inch... and snow accumulations of up to 1 inch.
* Timing... 9 PM CST Wednesday evening to noon Thursday.
* Impacts... travel will become hazardous. Sporadic power outages
will be possible.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Yalobusha Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:42 AM CST on March 04, 2015
Statement as of 2:53 AM CST on March 04, 2015
... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 6 am CST Thursday...
... Dense fog advisory is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from noon today to 6 am CST
Thursday. The dense fog advisory has been cancelled.
* Winds... north winds at 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Timing... from noon CST today through 6 am CST Thursday morning.
* Impacts... travel may become hazardous for high profile vehicles
on east to west roads. Reduced visibilities with snow and sleet.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 25 to 39 mph are
expected... or gusts will range between 40 and 57 mph. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.