High Wind Watch
Statement as of 3:22 AM MST on March 08, 2014
... High wind watch in effect from late tonight through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a high
wind watch... which is in effect from late tonight through Sunday
* Timing and main impact: gusty west winds will develop late
tonight and continue through Sunday over much of north central
Montana. Wind gusts up to 60 mph are possible... mainly late
tonight through Sunday morning with sustained winds of 30 to 40
mph possible through Sunday afternoon.
* Main impact: strong winds could make driving difficult for high
profile vehicles and towing units.
* Winds: southwest to west winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts around 60
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Stanford... Chinook...
Conrad... Havre... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Big Sandy...
Fort Benton... Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln... MacDonald
Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab:
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Nearby Radar Stations