Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 1:13 PM MDT on March 10, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the foothills...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until
3 am MDT Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level. A Winter
Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the foothills.
* Timing and main impact: snow... heavy at times... will continue
through tonight. The wet heavy snow will make travel and
outdoor activities difficult.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet of snow can be expected at pass
level and above. 4 to 8 inches of snow will affect the foothills
area. Only light snow amounts are expected over the plains or
at valley floors.
* Visibility: visibility will be reduced to less than one half
mile at times in heavier snowfall.
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations in the Winter Storm Warning include: Boulder
Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill
Pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass... Battle
Ridge Pass... Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... Big Hole Pass... Chief
Joseph Pass... Monida Pass... Raynolds Pass.
* Locations in the Winter Weather Advisory include: White Sulphur
Springs... Stanford... Boulder... Lincoln... Bozeman and West
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:46 AM MDT on March 10, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has extended the
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor
drainage areas in Gallatin... northern Madison... Jefferson and
* until 915 PM MDT Tuesday
* warmer temperatures have resulted in increased snow melt sending
moderate amounts of melt water over some area roads. Small creeks
and streams are currently carrying higher amounts of water and are
causing localized flooding.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4539 11246 4549 11270 4563 11269 4577 11250
4576 11223 4584 11244 4630 11258 4657 11203
4657 11164 4678 11158 4663 11133 4644 11124
4641 11106 4628 11113 4620 11106 4619 11077
4558 11079 4534 11102 4522 11103 4513 11244
Statement as of 1:57 PM EDT on March 10, 2014
...Record Warm Maximum Temperatures For Mar 9 In North Central
Location new record old record year set
Valentine 66 62 2001
Nearby Radar Stations