Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:12 PM EST on December 06, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Saturday night through
The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from late Saturday night through
* Locations... portions of the northwest and northern Piedmont of
North Carolina... including the Piedmont triad region.
* Hazard types... freezing rain. Significant icing possible
especially on elevated surfaces such as trees and power lines.
* Timing... late Saturday night through Sunday.
* Main impacts... ice is expected to accumulate on trees and power
lines. There may be power outages. Roads may also become
hazardous... especially the bridges and overpasses.
* Accumulations... up to a quarter inch of icing possible on
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the
Statement as of 1:45 am EST on December 7, 2013
... Record daily high minimum temperature tied at the Raleigh-Durham
Intl Airport NC...
The minimum temperature on December 6 was 65 degrees. This ties the
record high minimum temperature for this date set back in 1912.
Nearby Radar Stations