... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EST
* locations... the Piedmont and portions of the coastal plain of
North Carolina... including The Triad and Triangle... Roxboro...
Rocky Mount... Smithfield and Goldsboro.
* Hazard types... patchy black ice.
* Timing... through noon today when temperatures will rise into the
mid 30s and full sun is reached.
* Impacts... hazardous travel and walking conditions.
* Temperatures... in the 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued due to patchy black ice
formation on some secondary roads... bridges... overpasses... and
some exit ramps. Motorists should exercise extreme caution and go
much slower than normal speed in case ice is encountered. Those
walking should use caution especially on stairs and sidewalks that
do not get sun exposure and are more likely to have black ice.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Person Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:52 AM EST on March 06, 2015