...Wind Advisory in effect from 5 PM Sunday to 5 am EST Monday above 3500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a Wind Advisory above 3500 feet...which is in effect from 5 PM Sunday to 5 am EST Monday.
* Locations...elevations above 3500 feet across the southern and central North Carolina mountains.
* Hazards...very windy conditions.
* Timing...winds will increase late Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
* Winds...southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts...the very windy conditions combined with moderate rainfall will make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles and in mountain passes. A few trees or limbs could be downed by the wind and rain...causing isolated power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.