... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST this
* locations... the foothills and Piedmont of western North
Carolina... the northern upstate of South Carolina... and
extreme northeast Georgia.
* Hazards... widespread black ice on roadways and other hard
surfaces. Freezing fog depositing light accumulations of ice.
* Timing... through 9 am today.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions.
* Temperatures... falling into the upper 20s and lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory for black ice means that refreezing of
roads will likely occur... resulting in the development of
widespread black ice. Be prepared for very slippery roadways.
Some roads that appear clear may be covered by a thin layer of
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Polk Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:37 AM EST on February 27, 2015