... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening...
... Freeze warning in effect from 2 am to 6 am PDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 2 am to 6 am PDT Friday. A Wind
Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening.
* For the Wind Advisory.
* Winds... southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Timing... strongest winds will occur this afternoon through
early this evening.
* Locations include: Ely... McGill... Connors Pass... Great Basin
* Impacts... winds will make driving difficult particularly for
high profile vehicles. Strong Crosswinds will occur across
portions of highway's 93 and 50. Blowing dust may
occasionally reduce visibility to near zero at times.
* For the freeze warning.
* Temperatures... 29 to 32 degrees with a few locations just below 29
* Locations include... Ely... McGill... Connors Pass... Great Basin
* Impacts... freezing temperatures can damage or kill exposed plants
and harm animals. Please protect your plants and animals from
the cold. Outdoor enthusiasts should prepare for cold weather.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other