...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST Wednesday...
* locations...southern Erie...Wyoming...Chautauqua...Cattaraugus and Allegany counties.
* Timing...through late tonight.
* Hazards...areas of freezing drizzle.
* Accumulations...ice accumulating a few hundredths of an inch through tonight.
* Temperatures...lows in the upper 20s tonight.
* Impacts...there will be area of freezing drizzle along with light snow showers overnight which will result in slippery spots on untreated roads and walkways overnight.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as light snow...blowing snow... sleet...freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be significant...the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx