Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 11:10 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning
through Sunday morning...
... Lake effect Snow Advisory is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Albany has cancelled the lake
effect Snow Advisory.
* Locations... southern Herkimer County and Hamilton County.
* Accumulations... there is the potential for seven or more inches
Saturday through Sunday.
* Timing... the lake snow effect snow band has diminished and was
shifting quickly to the south. Additional accumulations of half
an inch or less are expected for today in southern Herkimer
County... with little or no additional accumulation across
Hamilton County. Light snow will overspread the region Saturday
morning into Saturday afternoon... and become steadier and
heavier for Saturday night into Sunday morning. Snow will taper
off towards midday on Sunday.
* Impacts... snow covered roads and poor visibility will make for
potentially dangerous travel over the weekend.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the single digits Saturday morning... rising
into the teens for Saturday afternoon into Saturday night.
Temperatures will rise into the upper teens to low 20s on
* Maximum snowfall rates... up to one inch per hour late Saturday
into Sunday morning.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations