Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:08 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to
10 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 7 PM this evening to 10 am EST Monday.
* Locations... southern tier and Finger Lakes region.
* Hazards... snow, sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow accumulations... an inch or less.
* Ice accumulations... less than one tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow will develop this evening then quickly transition
to light sleet and light freezing rain. By mid morning Monday
the precipitation will change to light rain.
* Temperatures... temperatures in the 20s warming to above freezing
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please report snowfall and/or ice amounts to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1-877-633-6772... or by email at
Nearby Radar Stations