...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611...or640...or642...or643... or644...or645...wa643 and wa645...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire Weather Watch for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning... which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest -minus Sisters Ranger district. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon. In orz642...fire weather zone 642 southern blue and Strawberry mountains. In orz643...fire weather zone 643 northern Blue Mountains of Oregon. In orz644...fire weather zone 644 central Blue Mountains. In orz645...fire weather zone 645 Wallowa district. In waz643...fire weather zone 643 Blue Mountains of Washington. In waz645...fire weather zone 645 Asotin County.
* Timing...scattered thunderstorms will develop each afternoon and evening beginning Wednesday and continuing through Saturday.
* Thunderstorms...some of the thunderstorms could produce erratic winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size hail.
* Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry thunderstorms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to a quarter inch of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level...2 to 3 on Wednesday and 3 to locally 4 Thursday through Saturday.
* Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.