...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
* ice accumulations...a coating from freezing drizzle.
* Snow accumulations...up to one half of an inch.
* Snow and ice beginning...freezing drizzle will continue through the early morning hours ending after sunrise.
* Period of most intense snow and ice...3am to 6am.
* Snow and ice ending...the threat for icing from freezing drizzle should diminish by mid-morning.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow...sleet and ice covered roads.
* Winds...west 5 to 10 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-1988...posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page...or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.