Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:37 PM EST on December 09, 2013
... A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 am to 4 PM
* locations... southern Pennsylvania and the Poconos.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... mainly between 2 and 3 inches of snow. Higher
amounts of 4 to 5 inches likely near... and to the southeast of
* Timing... beginning shortly before sunrise along the
Pennsylvania... Maryland border... and around 8 or 9 am across the
middle Susquehanna valley. The snow will taper off in the early
* Impacts... the snow will cause poor visibility and snow covered
roads. This will slow traffic... especially during the morning
* Winds... west to northwest 5 to 15 mph... with gusts of 20 to 25
mph in the afternoon.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Visibilities... mainly around one mile... but as low as one-
quarter of a mile at times to the southeast of the Interstate 81
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Nearby Radar Stations