... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Wednesday afternoon
through Thursday afternoon...
* snow accumulations... up to 6 inches.
* Snow beginning... late afternoon Wednesday.
* Period of most intense snow... Wednesday night into Thursday
* Snow ending... Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow
A Winter Storm Watch means that snow... sleet... or ice
accumulation may severely impact travel. Prepare for winter
weather and monitor the latest forecasts via the National Weather
Service homepage NOAA Weather Radio or other news media.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Fayette Ridges Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 6:52 PM EST on March 03, 2015
Statement as of 9:11 PM EST on March 03, 2015
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Monongahela river near Charleroi.
* From Wednesday afternoon to Thursday evening... or until the warning
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 28.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Wednesday evening and continue
to rise to near 29.1 feet by Thursday morning.The river will fall
below flood stage by Thursday afternoon.
* Impact... at 29.0 feet... navigation suspended, lock out of service.
Lat... Lon 4011 7990 4016 7993 4019 7987 4016 7984
4015 7987 4014 7987
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:45 PM EST on March 03, 2015
The Flood Watch is cancelled and upgraded to a river Flood Warning
the Monongahela river near Charleroi
* at 9:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to reach a maximum stage of 29.1
feet by Thursday morning.
901 PM EST Tue Mar 3 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Wednesday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Maryland... east central Ohio...
Pennsylvania and West Virginia... including the following
areas... in western Maryland... Garrett. In east central Ohio...
Belmont... Guernsey... Harrison... Jefferson OH... Monroe...
Muskingum and Noble. In Pennsylvania... Allegheny... Armstrong...
Beaver... Butler... Fayette... Fayette ridges... Greene...
Indiana... Washington... Westmoreland and Westmoreland ridges.
In West Virginia... Brooke... Hancock... Marion... Marshall...
Monongalia... Ohio... Preston... Tucker and Wetzel.
* Through Wednesday evening
* a half to an inch of additional rain is possible through the
watch period. The better chance for the higher totals is expected
to be along and south of the Interstate 70 corridor... where
locally higher amounts toward 1.5 inches are possible.
* This rainfall combined with snow melt could cause flooding of
poor drainage areas and small streams... especially those dammed
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding.
Be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone
to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding