... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening...
* locations... ridgetops above 3000 feet along the Blue Ridge
chain from northern North Carolina through Virginia as far
north as Roanoke.
* Hazards... strong northwest winds.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon.
* Impacts... loose outdoor objects being blown around. A few limbs
could fall as well as weak trees. Isolated power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that winds gusting over 45 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra