... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon EST today...
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory which is in effect until noon EST today.
* Areas affected: south central Virginia and interior northeast
* Hazards: sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations: little or no sleet accumulations. A trace to
less than one tenth inch ice accumulation.
* Temperatures: in the mid to upper 20s this morning... rising
into the lower to mid 30s this afternoon.
* Timing: light sleet and freezing rain this morning...
transitioning to all rain by this afternoon.
* Impacts: hazardous travel due to ice covered roads... bridges and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
James City Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 8:22 AM EST on March 01, 2015