Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:44 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 1 am EDT Thursday...
* snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches.
* Snow beginning... early afternoon.
* Period of most intense snow... late afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... late Wednesday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow
covered roads and temperatures falling below freezing causing
widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wind chills near -10 Thursday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced
visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow
accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-
1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using
Nearby Radar Stations