...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM EST this evening...
* locations...higher elevations of southeast West Virginia and the mountain Empire region.
* Hazards...strong wind gusts.
* Winds...southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...this afternoon through 9 PM this evening.
* Impacts...some downed tree limbs and sporadic power outages.
A Wind Advisory means sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph...or wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph...are expected. Winds this strong will likely cause sporadic power outages and can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Unfastened items such as garbage cans and lawn furniture should be moved indoors.